About 3 million people worldwide are living with a pacemaker, and each year about 600,000 pacemakers are implanted.
A pacemaker implantation is a minimally invasive procedure and considered as a part of cardiac resynchronization therapy and improves the quality of one’s daily life.
Considerable changes in pacemaker technology and in the profile of pacemaker patients and a new reference point of prognosis in modern day cardiac pacing is needed. A pacemaker is a boon in today’s technology which can allow an individual to get back to a more active lifestyle by automatically adjusting the heart rate to match the level of activity.
- Anatomy and physiology of normal heart – basic terms and concepts
- Pacing modes, leads, pacing systems and pacing timing
- Pacemaker mechanism and tachycardias
- Basic functions, characteristics and programming of a pacemaker
- Effects, follow up and complications of a pacemaker implant
HealthMinds Consulting Pvt. Ltd, the parent company of CME Master brings to you high quality continued medical education (CME) online courses. The content has been curated with the help of expert faculties of the field.
- Improve your knowledge and skills
- This course will help you in understanding the basic principles of pacing and its modes
- It will also help you get a brief idea on the mechanism and functions of a pacemaker, as well as its indications
- You will also receive an in-depth knowledge on pacemaker characteristics and programming
- This course will also highlight the possible complications of a pacemaker
- General Physicians
Participant should have an MBBS degree